Hi, I’m Tracy
What would you like to know about me? I’ve done a lot of things in and with my life. I hope you will find some of them interesting or amusing 😉
Just a sampling includes:
- I have 3 children, raised 4 additional step-children, and have 8 beautiful grand kids.
- I left the Mormon (LDS) church when I was 26 years old, after being raised in a devout family. After intense personal study, I discovered that I didn’t believe its teachings were true.
- I started my life over again, with just 3-suit cases and $500, after struggling 18 years in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage. Then I wrote and published a how-to book called Lady Get A Life about the process
- Together with my life-partner, Jeff, I started a multi-level, mail-order gourmet coffee, tea, cocoa, and biscotti company called Brown Paper Coffee Company (BPCC). I ran that business for 3+ years, recruiting home-based consultants in 5 states.
- I lived an off-grid lifestyle, with Jeff and six kids ages 6 – 16, for a year and a half, on 20 acres of land we purchased on Central Oregon’s High Desert.
- I taught myself how to make handcrafted jewelry and turned that craft into a small business.
- I taught myself the art of pyrography (burning art and lettering onto wood or leather) and also turned that skill into a small business.
- Jeff and I became marijuana drug law reform activists in a very public way in 2001 when we published a full-page ad as the first mainstream couple to stand up and proclaim ourselves to be pot smokers and good neighbors. This activity led to interviews on more than 25 talk radio and television stations nation-wide as well as opportunities for public speaking to crowds of up to 10,000. We also conducted audio interviews with luminaries in the community, organized and hosted events, etc.
- I published an online magazine for the high-raw foods community called Eighty Percent Raw, recruiting a team of more than 25 raw food chefs and healthcare practitioners who contributed content monthly for 4+ years.
- I have been a partner and administrator with Jeff in his software development business for 25+ years.
- I taught myself to read tarot cards and have acted as a spiritual adviser to thousands of clients worldwide on matters of the heart, career, education, health, and many other issues.
- I feel lucky to have lived in one foreign country (Germany) for 4+ years as an adult and traveled to 7 other international destinations (Canada, Mexico, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, Italy, and Greece)
- I recently published The Golden Telescope, the first in my MG (Middle Grade) fantasy fiction series called Jack and the Magic Hat Maker. I’m currently a third of the way into writing Book 2: The Kidnapping King, and am on track to release eight more books in that series over the next three years. Series 2: Jack and the Immortals will follow.
- I have joined more than 15 network marketing companies.
- I partnered with Jeff in creating a small record label and music promotion company called Hot Chops Music, financially supporting several musicians and local artists and enabling them to get their music professionally produced in a recording studio.
And lots more.
BROWN PAPER COFFEE COMPANY
In 1997, after meeting my sweetheart and life-partner, Jeff, he helped me launch a network marketing gourmet coffee/tea/hot cocoa/biscotti & goodies company. I ran that business for more than 3 years, recruiting consultants in 5 states.
These are some photos I did the food design for which were used in our printed marketing materials and on the website for BPCC. The last one is a photo of me and Jeff at the time we were working on this business.
In 2000, while we were living on 20 acres of raw land we purchased on Central Oregon’s High Desert, I taught myself how to burn photo reproductions onto wood and leather. Eventually people started offering to pay me to create pieces for them. I built this into a business and continue to do this work currently. Visit My Pyrography Website HERE to view examples of my work. And My New Portrait Burning Site HERE.
At about the same time I also bought bolts and bolts of wire, semi-precious stone beads and jewelers tools and began teaching myself to make handcrafted jewelry. I’ve sold my creations ever since. Visit my website HERE to view examples of my handcrafted jewelry creations.
Shortly afterward I also taught myself WordPress website design and began actively building all of my own personal and business websites.
In 2003 I got my first deck of tarot cards. In 2008 I began working as a professional spiritual coach and guide. I worked professionally in this capacity for about 5 years. I continue that work for private clients, though not full-time as I used to.
Read a sampling of client TESTIMONIALS here.
EIGHTY PERCENT RAW
An online magazine I started in 2009. I recruited a team of more than 25 raw-food chefs and healthcare professionals who contributed articles and recipes every month for 4+ years. The magazine is still online at www.eightypercentraw.com though my server was hacked in 2015 and I lost most of the content that had been there prior to that.
2019 – My most recent endeavor. This is an online magazine for the Keto/Low-Carb community. I am publishing everything on my own, at present, but look to a future where I may invite other guest bloggers and keto experts to contribute content to the magazine. In conjunction with this I’m also promoting specific low-carb brands as an Influencer Affiliate. The two brands I’m most excited about and most actively promoting are PERFECT KETO and KETTLE & FIRE Bone Broths. I’ll be devoting individual blog posts to their excellent products in the coming days and weeks, so look forward to that! And be sure to visit Keto Enthusiast for great low-carb recipes, health articles. and other awesome information!