is the daughter of an aeronautical engineer and a church organist. (See some fun childhood photos HERE.)
She was raised with a deep appreciation for logic and spirituality, while simultaneously embracing a love for the magical and supernatural.
When she recently launched her professional writing career, these themes inevitably formed the background for her story-telling.
She is a life-long entrepreneur and artist, focusing most of her energy on a variety of creative endeavors before turning her attention to full-time writing.
Tracy lives in the Pacific Northwest with her life-partner, Jeff.
THE GOLDEN TELESCOPE
is Book One in a series of 9 books in Tracy’s exciting JACK AND THE MAGIC HAT MAKER action adventure series.
A captivating story filled with magic, mystery, and time-travel for middle-grade and early teen readers of Philip Pullman, J. K. Rowling, and Rick Riordan.
Kids who love magic, mystery, and time-travel will love this first installment in the new 9-book series about 12-year old Jack Mac Paidin and his adventures in time and space.
Wow, I started reading at noon today. It’s 8pm. I haven’t moved. It has kept me wanting more at every turn of the page. When I got to the end it was a great loud Ahhhhh! My partner ran in thinking something was wrong and laughed when I told him it was the end of the book. I Loved IT. Well done. XXX ~Sandra Hesse
Amazingly creative, filled with details and imagery that fill your mind with scenes as if you’re there in the moment. Such a great book for all ages. I read this to my 8 and 5 year olds. They both loved it!! Definitely a book for all ages! Can’t wait for more!! ~ Rachel Wilson
GET ON THE MAILING LIST to receive Updates and Discounted Pre-Sale Pricing on upcoming books in the series.
In addition to being an author, Tracy has done many other things.
Here are a few highlights –
- Tracy Partridge-Johnson has 3 children, raised 4 additional step-children, and has 8 beautiful grand kids.
- Tracy Partridge-Johnson left the Mormon (LDS) church when she was 26 years old, after being raised in a devout Latter-day Saint family. After intense personal study, she discovered that she didn’t believe its teachings were true.
- When Tracy Partridge-Johnson was 35 years old she started her life over again, with just 3-suit cases and $500. She did that after struggling for 18 years in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage. Then she wrote and published a how-to book called Lady Get A Life about the process.
- Tracy Partridge-Johnson lived an off-grid lifestyle, with her sweetheart, Jeff, and six kids ages 6 – 16. For a year and a half, they lived on 20 acres of land they purchased on Central Oregon’s High Desert.
- During that time she taught herself how to make handcrafted jewelry and ultimately turned that craft into a small business.
- While in the desert, she also taught herself the art of pyrography (burning art and lettering onto wood or leather.) She also turned that skill into a small business.
In 2001 Tracy Partridge-Johnson and sweetheart, Jeff Jarvis, became marijuana drug law reform activists in a very public way. They published a full-page ad in Oregon’s Willamette Week as the first mainstream couple boldly proclaiming that they were pot smokers and good neighbors. This activity resulted in interviews on more than 25 talk radio and television stations nation-wide. It also led to opportunities for public speaking to crowds of up to 10,000. Tracy and Jeff also conducted audio interviews with luminaries in the cannabis community, they organized and hosted events, trained and led street teams, and more.
Website Design & Online Publishing
- Tracy Partridge-Johnson taught herself HTML and later, WordPress website design. She then created websites for all of her own businesses and interests, as well as sites for paying clients.
- She published and edited an online magazine for the high-raw foods community called Eighty Percent Raw, recruiting a team of more than 25 raw food chefs and healthcare practitioners who contributed content monthly for more than 4 years.
- She also publishes and edits an online magazine for the ketogenic diet and lifestyle called Keto Enthusiast.
Tarot Reading and Spiritual Coaching
- Tracy taught herself the art of tarot card reading and acted as a spiritual adviser to thousands of clients worldwide on matters of the heart, career, education, health, and many other issues.
- Tracy Partridge-Johnson is passionate about international travel and culture. She has lived in one foreign country (Germany) for 4+ years as an adult, and traveled to 7 other international destinations (Canada, Mexico, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, Italy, and Greece)
- Tracy recently published The Golden Telescope, the first in her MG (Middle Grade) fantasy fiction series called Jack and the Magic Hat Maker. She is currently writing Book 2: The Kidnapping King, with plans to release eight more books in that series over the next three years. Series 2: Jack and the Immortals will follow.
- She currently devotes time as a professional literary editor.
- Tracy Partridge-Johnson has joined more than 15 network marketing companies.
- Together with her life-partner, Jeff, Tracy started a multi-level, mail-order gourmet coffee, tea, cocoa, and biscotti company called Brown Paper Coffee Company (BPCC). She ran that business for 3+ years, recruiting home-based consultants in 5 states.
- Tracy has been a partner and administrator with Jeff in his software development business, Code Hat Labs, for 25+ years.
- Together with Jeff, she partnered to create a small record label and music promotion company called Hot Chops Music. They used this business to financially support several musicians and local artists, facilitating the production of their cds in a professional recording studio.
BROWN PAPER COFFEE COMPANY
1997 – Jeff helped me launch a network marketing gourmet coffee/tea/hot cocoa/biscotti, and goodies company. I ran that business for more than 3 years, recruiting consultants in 5 states.
These are some photos I did the food design for. We used these images in our printed marketing materials, and on the website for BPCC. The last one is a photo of me and Jeff at the time we were working on this business.
2000 -While we were living on 20 acres of raw land on Central Oregon’s High Desert, I taught myself how to burn photo reproductions onto wood and leather. Eventually people started offering to pay me to create pieces for them. I built this into a business and continue to do this work currently. Visit My Pyrography Website HERE to view examples and learn about my work. And My New Portrait Burning Site HERE.
2000 – At about the same time I also bought bolts and bolts of wire, semi-precious stone beads, and jewelers tools. With those supplies I began teaching myself to make handcrafted jewelry. I’ve sold many creations ever since. Visit my website HERE to view examples of my handcrafted jewelry pieces.
Shortly after that, I taught myself WordPress website design, and began actively building all of my own personal and business websites.
2003 – I got my first deck of tarot cards. Then in 2008 I began working as a professional spiritual coach and guide. I performed readings for about 5 years. I continue that work for private clients, though not full-time, like I used to.
Read a sampling of client TESTIMONIALS here.
EIGHTY PERCENT RAW
2009 – Eighty Percent Raw is an online magazine I created for the high-raw foods community. I recruited a team of more than 25 raw-food chefs and healthcare professionals. These bloggers contributed articles and recipes every month for 4+ years. The magazine is still online at www.eightypercentraw.com though my server was hacked in 2015 and I lost most of the content that had been there prior to that.
2019 – Keto Enthusiast is an online magazine I created for the Keto/Low-Carb community. I’m publishing everything on my own but look to a future where I might invite guest bloggers to contribute content for the magazine.