I have done a lot of things in and with my life. I hope you will find some of them interesting or amusing 😉
Just a sampling includes:
- I raised 3 of my own biological children and 4 more step children who are all adults now. I currently have 8-1/2 grand children. <3
- I left the Mormon (LDS) church after being raised in a devout family, then through studying discovered I did not believe it’s teachings were based on truth.
- I started my life over again, with just 3-suit cases and $500, after struggling 18 years in a dysfunctional and abusive marriage.
- Together with my life-partner, Jeff, I started a multi-level, mail-order gourmet coffee, tea, cocoa, and biscotti company that I ran for 3+ years, recruiting home-based consultants in 5 states.
- I lived an off-grid lifestyle, with 6 kids ages 6 – 16, for a year and a half, on 20 acres of land we purchased on Central Oregon’s High Desert.
- I taught myself how to make handcrafted jewelry and turned that craft into a small business.
- I taught myself the art of pyrography (wood burning) and also turned that skill into a small business.
- Jeff and I became marijuana drug law reform activists in a very public way in 2001 when we published a full-page ad as the first mainstream couple to stand up and proclaim ourselves to be pot smokers and good neighbors. This activity led to interviews on more than 25 talk radio and television stations nation-wide as well as opportunities for public speaking to crowds of up to 10,000, conducting our own audio interviews with luminaries in the community, hosting events, etc.
- I published an online magazine for the high-raw foods community called Eighty Percent Raw, recruiting a team of more than 25 raw food chefs and healthcare practitioners who contributed content monthly for 4+ years.
- I have been a partner and administrator with Jeff in his software development business for 25+ years.
- I taught myself to read tarot cards and have acted as a spiritual adviser to thousands of clients worldwide on matters of the heart, career, education, health, and many other matters.
- I am lucky enough to have lived in one foreign country (Germany) for 4+ years as an adult and traveled to 7 other foreign destinations (Canada, Mexico, Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, Italy, and Greece)
- I am a self-published author (Lady, Get a Life!) and am currently about half-way through writing The Golden Telescope, the first in a YA (Young Adult) Fantasy Fiction novel series called Jack and the Magic Hat Maker.
- I have joined more than 15 network marketing companies.
- I partnered with Jeff in creating a small record label and music promotion company called Hot Chops Music, financially supporting several musicians and local artists and enabling them to get their music professionally produced in a recording studio.
- And lots more…
A LITTLE BUSINESS HISTORY
BROWN PAPER COFFEE COMPANY
In 1997, after meeting my sweetheart and life-partner, Jeff, he helped me launch a network marketing gourmet coffee/tea/biscotti & goodies company. I ran that business, recruiting consultants in 5 states, for more than 3 years.
These are some photos I did the food design for which were used in our printed marketing materials and on the website for BPCC. The last one is a photo of me and Jeff at the time we were working on this business.
In 2000 while we were living on 20 acres of raw land we purchased on Central Oregon’s High Desert, I taught myself how to burn photo reproductions onto wood and leather. Eventually people started offering to pay me to create pieces for them.
TRACY J DESIGNS
At about the same time I also bought bolts and bolts of wire, semi-precious stone beads and jewelers tools and began teaching myself to make handcrafted jewelry. I’ve sold my creations ever since.
Shortly afterward I also taught myself WordPress website design and began actively building all of my own personal and business websites, but I also created a handful of sites for clients such as this one for artist GK Brock and this one for equine author Sarah Madderra
PSYCHIC BLESSING & PDX TAROT
In 2003 I got my first deck of tarot cards. In 2008 I began working as a professional spiritual coach and guide. I worked professionally in this capacity for about 5 years. I continue that work for private clients, though not full-time as I used to.
An online magazine I started in 2009. I recruited a team of more than 25 raw-food chefs and healthcare professionals who contributed articles and recipes every month for 4+ years.